message


写真

Sr. M. Margrit Nagata

Fuji School Corporation was founded by the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George who came from Germany to Sapporo, Japan, in 1920 and started Fuji Girls’ High School in 1925. The then Bishop of Sapporo, Wenseslaus Kinold, invited the Sisters to found the school for girls.
Now the Fuji School Corporation runs Fuji Women’s University, Fuji Girls’ Junior High School and Senior High School in Sapporo, Asahikawa Fuji Girls’ Senior High School, Kitami Fuji Girls’ Senior High School, and Fuji Kindergartens in seven different locations in Hokkaido, Aomori, and Saitama Prefectures.
Education at Fuji at all levels is based upon the spirit of Catholicism, with the vision of human beings as “God’s loved ones”. Our education from middle school level is only for girls.
Fuji has more than 80 years of history, and we cherish this history and our traditions with a universal vision of human education. On the other hand, we are open to the needs of our time. We thank those who have participated in building up “Fuji” as it is now during the past years, both in visible and invisible ways, and we try to do our best now for the future.
We are determined to bring up women with warm hearts for those around them and with open hearts for the people of the world in the 21st century.


The name of our schools “Fuji” means “wisteria”, whose hanging cluster of flowers symbolize “humility”, one of the three mottos of our school—“humility, fidelity, and purity”.